We finally got to go back on Thur June 3rd, and Sky got a good 1 hour work out with Shelly.
This was her excited waiting face....
When Shelly came out Sky ran and gave her a huge hug and told her how excited she was to play with her. Shelly then asked how we have been doing at home with the stretches she gave us to do, and if I have been making sure to stretch Sky when she is warmed up. I told her how we have been stretching everyday since our last visit and I always make sure its after she has been running around playing.
Shelly told us she was pleased then told Sky "I have a great Idea on how to warm up your legs before we stretch" Sky got excited and hand and hand they walked to a room filled with different bikes. Shelly then strapped a helmet on Sky and gave her a cool bike that she got to ride around the hospital on. Sky thought it was so cool she got to ride a bike, and the whole time Shelly walked with her and the 2 just talked away.
After some fun stretching games Shelly then worked on Sky getting her heals down more as she walked. Sky had fun on the balance beam walking forward and backwards. Yep that narrow beam Sky is on, she was walking backwards on it. Walking backwards made her have to put her heals down to keep her balance, who knew.
The bad news is her leg braces are going to basically do the same thing the machine did, and she will have to keep those on for longer then 10 min (bring on the whining I can handle it!). Speaking of her leg braces, they were finally ordered on the 19th of may (after changing the order a few times) and should be here any-day (it takes about 2 weeks). As soon as they come in we go down and see Tony, and he will fit and adjust them to Sky's legs if need.
It feels good to all ready see some changes just from doing a few stretches at home. It has made me even more excited about getting her leg braces on and continuing PT with Shelly. O and since Sky is doing so well Shelly said she more then likely wont have to sleep with them on (woohooo not a battle I wanted to fight). We are now going to PT 2x's a week right now its every Monday and Thur. Sky is all ready asking if Monday is here yet....Shelly I hope you know how much your loved all ready :)
No comments:
Post a Comment